Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Losing It

I've finally done it! After ten years of buying, trading-in and using mobile phones, I have gone and lost mine. Duh! And it was in Singapore - land of the line-toeing and law-abiding. My Nokia N95, with all the pictures of the wife, kids, friends, sceneries; hundreds of songs and contact information. Good thing I'm not into putting explicit acts on phone-video. Left it in the taxi while alighting. Tried in vain to get it back by calling the cab company. Calling my own number repeatedly only resulted in the option to leave messages in the voice mailbox. Got me thinking....

Have I got so reliant on this piece of electronics? And why did I have to spend a ransom on it? What other gizmos will the boffins come up with, gadgets that we don't really need to live our daily lives?

After deactivating the SIM card in the N95 at the service provider's branch, I looked around for a replacement phone. Naturally, I was feeling very miserably miserly after 'throwing away' S$1000. Signing another two years of subscription, I got this Nokia 2626 for nothing.
While I hope not to lose this, too; I would certainly feel less wretched if it happens. Trouble is, do I have the discipline and will to resist the siren calls of newer, more feature-packed mobile phones? It has only been three days, me using this very basic Nokia 2626 ....... and already I am lusting for this:


I am praying that I don't lose it! Or do I? Duh!

11 comments:

akula said...

E90! E90! E90!

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

brother akula..... cobaan mencoba, cobaan mencoba, waspada berwaspada. Singing to myself la nih.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

I have a male friend who likes to tertinggal his hp everywhere (sama mcm yope)..so i said to him, *tu yang dalam suar kalau bole hilang...tah mana ko letak kan*

anyways...nampak cantik ye hp nokia tu..how much in market eh yope

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

kuzz oh kuzz..... Kalau yang dalam seluor tu boleh tertingge, dah lame dah dapat yang baru. Anyway, Nokia N81 8GB to belum datang lagi. Kononnya bulan depan. Ni pun dah gate ke?

Anonymous said...

Alaa N76 pun cantik gak. Is the N81 thick like the N95 too?

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

drama mama..... the N81 is the same size as the 6110 Navigator.

UglyButAdorable said...

aiyoooo...so the cantik yo!!! i dream for that too!!!

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

uba..... and it has 8GB for songs!!

east43street said...

A'ah ye .... kalau dalam seluor tu buleh ditingge-tingge, teman pun nak tukor yang baru juge. Buleh pilih yang elok-elok sikit. Tapi dah memang tak buleh tukor, dapat tukor talipon pun jadi lah ye...

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

eas43st..... Jadi ler, brother. Sakit pun kat hati jer, bukan kat badan.

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

aik, bole dapat baru ka kalau ilang..mmmmm