Thursday, January 17, 2008

Distractions, attractions and infections

Posting here has been tough lately. Has been so for the past two months, especially. I have a slew of drafts for publication but they remain half-baked, or less, until touches are applied. The show must go on. So here goes the blame game:

In early December, whilst helping the wife set up her Facebook account, we hit a snag. The system would accept not all versions of her name that we could come up with. She then suggested I experiment with mine. That was probably the single most significant event in 2007 for me, on the net anyway. Facebook is fun! I made Facebook-friends with a few cousins and friends within a few days. In that same interval, the wife and two kids got their Facebook accounts, too.

In mid-December, on my way back from Frankfurt, I developed a fever. Upon arrival, I limped straight to the clinic to be told that I was nursing a 39.5 degrees Celsius scorcher due to viral infection. The limp was caused by the swelling of a lymph node in reaction to the infection. For a week, I lived on a pear, two biscuits and a Milo a day. The appetite just wasn't there. Still, it was during this miserable week alone that I mustered up the Unagi posting - over four days.

The end of the year came, and my dad-in-law was bed-ridden due to a suspected spinal injury. We ushered in the new year with him. Good news is, the doc says his immobility is temporary. Great prognosis for this spritely 75 year-old who never sits still, until this hit him.

Beginning of 2008, I find myself making so many friends on Facebook, most of them gorgeous! At home, everybody fights for their turn on the PC. So, I will only get to blog when I'm on the road.

Unless, I'm on Facebook.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

iamgine this. facebook allows you to smack your child online! that way, you don't have to physically discipline them when they misbehave at home.

(oh get a life)

Tynna said...

ha! there you are! hope all your aches are settled...
Facebook...cool eh? but I'm not into all of these thangs...too lazy...heehehehee

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

babe..... I lick them online and smack them live! More fun! Muahahahahahaha!!!!

blackfeline..... better not get involved. You're wise indeed.

Shionge said...

Was invited to join Facebook but haven't get round to doing it.....someday I will I'm sure :D

east43street said...

*whilst helping the wife set up her Facebook account*

I like that, the wife = the sun. In other words, the only one.

Hope your dad-in law is well now.

And finally, I got the culprit. The Facebook. No wonder less posts nowadays.

Anonymous said...

hmmm...am i the only one who is not addicted to facebook? :O

akula said...

Ah, alasan semata.!:)

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

shionge..... you're back! Step into Facebook at your peril....

east43st..... the wife is the only. Can't handle another, anyway. Dad in-law is improving, thanks. Hope to catch you in London before you lave the place.

anis..... you're strong-willed. Hope I can be like you.

akula..... biasak ler!

D.N.A.S said...

En. Wingy,
it's about time to buy 3 more laptops and a wireless modem. I joined Facebook but surprisingly I am not that addicted to it. I only stick to my favorite applications.

Tynna said...

Hi Wingy...I'm going private..mail me plz..tynnamarlina@gmail.com..tankiu

Redhead said...

Hey, i havent been blogging for quite a while... got an update, chapter 8, thought u might wanna check it out..

Redhead said...

Hey, i havent been blogging for quite a while... got an update, chapter 8, thought u might wanna check it out..

Cosmic_GurL said...

Hey im hurt! U have a FB a/c and didnt tell me? :P

*poke* *poke* *poke*

Lily G said...

I'm so annoyed everyone facebooks instead of blogs these days.

I don't have many ppl to spam anymore.

Shionge said...

Happy Lunar New Year Wingy :)

Cik Puan Sri Quzz said...

yope,
angpow??

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

dnas..... you're strong and lucky.

redhead..... you're busy, too. Not on FB, I'm sure.

cosmic_gurl.....alamak! I am on FB. Poke me!

Da Winged Acrophobic said...

lily..... don't be too sure about that. Not yet.

shionge..... Gong Xi Fa Cai!

kuzz..... come to papa for ang pow.

blackfeline..... I'll do just that. Soon!

kawaii_desu said...

hi there tumpang lalu again :)

but agree i like facebook :)

Redhead said...

nah... not really into Facebook - yet =P